Small Roboust, Lightweight PLBThe 500-30 is a miniature titan; the smallest and most robust, lightweight Techtest PLB, providing aircrew with a 406 beacon fully compatible with the COSPAS-SARSAT system. The unique design of the 500-30 allows it to be entirely configurable to the user’s requirements, enabling it to change and develop as your requirements do. Manoeuvres are not a one size fits all situation, so why should your devices be?
As standard, the beacon will transmit the 406 MHz message with embedded GPS and the 121.5MHz / 243MHz homing frequencies to provide rescue teams with greater location accuracy, the key to saving time and reducing risk to lives. The beacon features lanyard activation, additional RF port and a user replaceable battery, offering easy operator level maintenance. Furthermore, the unique integrated antenna is ready to go when you are, no fuss. The beacon can be customised further with the following features:
- Water switch - automatic activation in water
- G-switch - automatic activation in a crash or ejection scenario
- Speech - two way speech on 121.5, 243 or 282 MHz
- Float - inflated on beacon activation in water
- Life vest antenna - separate antenna deployed on inflation.