TECHTEST WAREHOUSE MANAGER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Warehouse manager to work in close association with the Senior Production Manager, Purchasing Manager and Stores Supervisor to oversee the existing Stores Department.
In this role, the successful applicant will be expected to manage the Stores and staff to ensure a high standard of service to Production and its affiliated departments.
The successful applicant will be self-motivated, task driven and highly organised with a proven track record of problem solving. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as is a proven proficiency in IT skills. Relevant Warehouse Management experience is a pre-requisite for this role.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
- Enforcing established Stores operational and administrative processes.
- Managing Stores staff, and developing the team to enable them to continuously improve their performance and competence skill set.
- Overseeing logistics of receiving, warehousing and supply operations.
- Control of Stock levels and processing any non-conformity, deviation reports etc.
- Maintaining the computerised administration and stock inventory system.
- Attend regular management meetings to remain target focused and goal orientated.
- The generation of a weekly operations report for management scrutiny.
- Ensure the correct completion of all Stores documentation.
- To contribute fully to the department continuous improvement objective.
- Kit logistics (i.e., allocating and picking kits, preparing kits for collection).
- Booking in stock from external departments and Productions.
- Liaising with external departments, and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Unit 416, Tarsmill Court,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,