TECHNICAL CLERK – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We are currently looking for an enthusiastic Technical Clerk to work in our expanding development facility. After thorough training in all aspects of drawing office procedures, the role will consist of maintaining drawing office Technical Clerk duties on a daily basis. The successful applicant will be a key member of a multi-discipline team working a range of state-of-the-art search and rescue products for the aviation industry.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
- Maintain and develop master records, standards, master documentation etc.
- Print and book out technical drawings and documentation as requested by departments.
- Liaise with all engineering departments to ensure technical documentation is kept up to date.
- Filing of Drawings and Documentation.
- Maintain Master Documentation.
- Maintain Standards, updating, booking out/in card file system.
- Maintain Central Server System as required.
- Print Drawings, on request, and book out.
- Print Documents, on request, and book out.
- Process Change Notices.
- Update old records and documentation, as required.
- Ongoing improvement of Master Records and general Documentation filing system.
- Updating factory Master system.
- Experience in using Microsoft office suite software, Word etc.
- Previous experience in filing and processing documentation.
- Previous experience working in a Drawing Office.
- Good IT skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Well organised.
- Approachable with a willingness to help.
- Ability to present information in a friendly yet professional manner.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,