TECHTEST PRODUCTION TEST ENGINEER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Working for us you will have the opportunity to be part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. Based at our Production Facility at Rotherwas, due to the continuing growth of the manufacturing department, an opportunity has arisen for a PRODUCTION TEST ENGINEER, to work in close association with the Techtest Test Department Supervisor to ensure production targets and build standards are met.
Requisite capabilities:The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of basic electronics and be expected to identify Production test failures and advise to achieve satisfactory rework.Successful candidates will be responsible for the testing of components and products utilised on airborne Search and Rescue equipment and ideally possess:
- Relevant engineering qualification.
- Sound work ethic.
- A naturally enquiring mind.
- An electronics background is essential.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- To work in close association with the Production Manager/Test Supervisor/Senior Supervisor ensuring Production Test targets are met.
- To identify Production Test failures, diagnose faults and advise to achieve satisfactory rework or confirm B.E.R.
- To ensure all Production Testing is carried out in accordance with current Production Test Schedules.
- To participate in customer support tasks as and when required.
- Provide training (where appropriate) for both new and existing Test Department staff.
- Liaise with Engineering Department to resolve Test issues.
- Inspection Stamp holder.
- To comply fully with all anti-static requirements.
- Ensure all production paperwork is completed to the required standard.
- To be fully aware of company standards (Workshop Practices, Drawing office instructions etc.) and raise to Change Note requests as required.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility are clean and tidy at all times.
If interested in the role and would like an application form, please email your CV to: