SHIPPING ADMINISTRATOR – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Shipping Administrator, to work in close association with the Group Shipping Manager and to provide general shipping and export administrative support to the Shipping Department.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
- Accurate processing and printing of invoices and release documentation for customer orders.
- Creating relevant shipping and export documentation specific to each order.
- Organising and following through collection instructions.
- Processing output deliveries through to point of collection in a timely manner.
- Ensuring Certificate of Shipments are received promptly for auditing purposes.
- Filing release paperwork, scanning of invoices, maintaining accurate up to date records.
- Liaise and book in external shipping agents and freight forwarders.
- Recording boxed consignments received for shipment from the factory.
- Answering the telephone.
- Post/email invoices in a timely fashion.
- Data entry relating to upkeep of company serial books.
Although relevant experience would prove advantageous, it is not essential as comprehensive training will be provided. The successful candidate will require the following:
- Be computer literate including Excel.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, working from home arrangements are not available.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,