SENIOR BUYER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Currently we are looking for a Senior Buyer to join us at our Production Facility in Rotherwas.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
Relevant experience with Aerospace or other highly regulated industry would prove advantageous. The
successful candidate will be responsible for the purchasing of components and materials to support production demands and ideally possess Job requirements:
- 3-5 years’ experience of purchasing components and materials to support production demands, and a variety of general products via purchase requisitions.
- Have comprehensive experience and understanding of best practice purchasing principles.
- Have significant experience of working within an MRP/ERP system.
- Must possess a positive can-do approach and be able to multi-task environment with changing priorities when required.
- Possess excellent negotiation skills.
- Track record of implementing cost saving initiatives.
- To maintain relationships and develop business with new suppliers.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Experience of appraisal and selection of news suppliers.
- Good understanding of ISO9001/AS9100 systems in relation to the purchasing and supply function.
- Must be willing to fully integrate into the existing team and enjoy working within a team environment.
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data and produce subsequent reports from this data.
- Experience of sub-contract ordering and liaison.
- CIPS qualified or working towards would be desirable.
We have a positive, professional and welcoming environment; you will have the opportunity to work within a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We offer good job security and stability with career development opportunities for the right candidate.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.