SCIENTIFIC ADVISOR TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
The HR Smith Group is based in Hereford and is a global leader in the design and manufacture of Aerospace Search and Rescue equipment and airborne Antennas. We are a family run business with over 50 years of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solution for our customers. We are currently looking to fill a key post based in Hereford. This senior post is being created to ensure that the HR Smith Group is keeping abreast of technological advances.
There are two specific areas of interest. Firstly in the field of Material Science, particularly engineering composites and materials specific to R.F applications. Secondly in the field of battery technology for use in Aerospace environments.The successful candidate will have a relevant post graduate qualification and or sufficient levels of experience. The candidate will not be Project or Product based but will advise the Managing Director on a broad technological front that will be focussed on our current and future needs.
You will be required to produce well-argued reports that summarise the strengths and weaknesses of current technologies and identify centres of excellences both in the UK and overseas with whom we could develop partnerships.You will report to and receive your taskings directly from the Managing Director and will be required to produce weekly progress reports, as well as periodic briefings to the Board of Directors and Senior Managers.Benefits:
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken anytime in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5 -10 years’ service up to maximum of 26 days.
- Life insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
Mr R.E.L. Smith,
HR Smith Group of Companies,
Street Court Kingsland,