RF DESIGN ENGINEER – ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We have over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. Working for us you will have the opportunity to be part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary business. We have a vacancy for an enthusiastic RF qualified engineer to work in our expanding development facility. The role will be as a key member of a multidiscipline team working on a range of state-of-the-art products for the aviation industry.
Techtest specialises in the design and manufacture of Search and Rescue equipment for aircraft environments: Emergency Locator Transmitters; RF Direction Finding systems and COSPAS-SARSAT Decoding. New product areas include advanced Active Array Antennas for airborne satellite communication. Our products involve the integration of custom designed RF Transceiver circuits with antennas, electronic control and baseband processing implemented with PIC microcontrollers, ARM processors or FPGA firmware coupled with signal processing software.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
- Production of RF Hardware specification documentation
- Design of RF hardware Transmitter/receiver circuits and modules
- System test and debugging
- Validation reporting
- Support for existing products and new product development
- Design of RF circuits and Modules
- RF/Microwave simulation tools
- Design for Test/Design for Manufacture
- EMC requirements and testing
- Use of laboratory equipment
- PCB design software (Altium Designer)
- Full time position. Salary £30,000 - £50,000 commensurate with experience.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Due to the nature of the business being a manufacturing environment, hybrid (working from home) arrangements are not available.
Closing Date for Applications 30th June 2022.
The HR Department,
H R Smith Group of Companies,
Rotherwas Industrial Estate,