PURCHASING MANAGER– ROTHERWAS, HEREFORD
If you are looking for a new challenge with a global market leader which designs and manufactures aerospace search and rescue equipment, HR Smith Group of Companies is the one for you. We are a family run business with over 5 decades of experience and are dedicated to finding the perfect solutions for our customers. We are currently seeking a Purchasing Manager who will work in close association with the Senior Production Manager to ensure the timely procurement of goods and services in accordance with HR Smith Group requirements.
- Free onsite parking.
- Free refreshments (tea and coffee).
- Casual dress.
- Company social events.
- Opportunity for company bonuses.
- Cost of living reviews carried out annually by the Directors.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays and your birthday off (to be taken any time in the year).
- Long service holiday accrual scheme where you gain 1 extra holiday day per year from 5-10 years’ service up to a maximum of 26 days.
- Life Insurance Scheme – 3x annual salary.
Relevant experience within the Aerospace or other highly regulated industry would prove advantageous but is not essential. The successful candidate will be responsible for the purchasing of components, materials and services to support production demands. Additionally, the successful candidate will be expected to assume control of the day to day operations of the Purchasing department and staff and ideally possess:
- 3-5 years’ experience of purchasing components and materials to support production demands and a variety of general products via Purchase Requisitions.
- Have comprehensive experience and understanding of best practice purchasing principles.
- Have significant experience of working within an MRP/ERP system.
- Must possess a positive/can-do attitude and be able to handle a busy multi-task environment with changing priorities when required.
- Possess excellent IT, communication and negotiation skills.
- Track record of implementing cost saving initiatives.
- To maintain relationships and develop business with new suppliers.
- Experience of appraisal and selection of new supplies.
- Experience of Sub-Contract ordering and liaison.
- Must be willing to fully integrate into the existing team and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Ability to analyse large quantities of data and produce subsequent reports from this data.
- CIPS qualified or working towards would be desirable.
- Full time position.
- Hours are based on a 40-hour week, Monday to Friday 8.00am to 4.30pm with half an hour each day for lunch. No weekend, evening or bank holiday working.
- Highly competitive salary – commensurate with experience.
- Free internal training provided as required.
- Opportunities to progress, promote internally and up skill.