Based at our Headquarters in Kingsland
HR Smith (TD) has a vacancy for an enthusiastic degree/HNC qualified engineer to work in our expanding development facility near Leominster, in the heart of rural Herefordshire. The roles will be as key member of our antenna design team working on a range of antennas, mostly for VHF/UHF aircraft installations but including Satcom, Land Mobile and Search & Rescue custom requirements. The role will require both theoretical and experimental antenna development skills.
- Design & Prototyping of custom antenna solutions
- Antenna test and optimisation
- Antenna manufacturing processes
- Production of Antenna life-cycle documentation
- Support for existing products
- Essential Experience:
- Good knowledge of Antenna theory
- Antenna design/ manufacturing experience
- Use of Vector Network Analysers
- Use of Antenna simulation Software (CST,FEKO)
- Familiarity with the use ofÃÂ far-field measuring techniques
- Useful Experience:
- Antenna design at VHF/UHF frequencies
- RF Filter design
- Active Antenna design
HR Smith (Technical Developments) Ltd specialises in the design and development of aircraft antenna systems and including a specific interest in Search & Rescue applications.ÃÂ In addition the company has expertise in HF antenna design, Land mobile VHF/UHF antennas and Satcom Antennas.
HR Smith (TD) is a member of the HR Smith Group of Companies, an independent avionics manufacturing company which has been serving the aircraft industry for over 40 years.
Please phone 01568 708744 for an applicaton form. Please complete and return to Dr Joe Parkinson, Chief Engineer at Street Court. See our contact page for postal address.